On last blog, we talked about Dehydration and Heat Illness, and Safety Tips for them. But, what are signs of heat illness? It is important to know signs of heat illness to recognize if someone suffers from heat illness. Followings are signs of heat illness.
Signs of Minor Heat Illness
- Cramps, muscular tightening and spasms.
- Lightheadedness, when not associated with other symptoms.
Early Warning Signs of Exertional Heat Stroke
- Headache, dizziness, confusion and disorientation.
- Excessive sweating and/or flushing.
- Nausea and/or vomiting.
- Chills and/or goose bumps.
Signs of Exertional Heat Stroke
- Core body temperature of more than 105 degrees.
- Signs of nervous system dysfunction, such as confusion, aggression and loss of consciousness.
- Increased heart rate.
- Rapid breathing.
- Low blood pressure.
Heat illness may lead to fatal accident. Know the signs of heat illness and enjoy healthy fitness life!
Reference: NATA News July 2015